Segal Roitman, LLP is the oldest and largest law firm representing labor unions in New England. We represent scores of private and public sector labor unions, including statewide labor organizations, such as the Massachusetts AFL-CIO and the Massachusetts Building Trades Council, as well as international and local unions. We represent unions in the building trades, service sector, broadcasting, manufacturing, on college campuses, and throughout the public sector.
Our practice includes:
- Unfair labor practices
- Cases before the National Labor Relations Board and the Mass. Dept. of Labor Relations
- Advising unions concerning organizing drives
- Advising labor organizations of their rights and obligations under federal labor, discrimination, and employee benefits laws
- Advising labor organizations concerning DOL audits and regulatory initiatives
- Advising labor organizations concerning internal union elections and other governance issues including the LMRDA
- State and federal court litigation
- Drafting employment manuals for union offices
- Drafting policies and conducting training to combat discrimination in the workplace.